It’s an immortal inquiry: where do a school’s obligations start, and where do they end?
This is particularly pertinent when thinking about where to adhere to a meaningful boundary between what comprises guardians’ obligations and a school’s.
A Portuguese school chose to explain the issue for the last time, by putting a notice in its lobbies and the message they’re sending is presently fanning out quickly.
The school’s sign was later common on Facebook, where the message contained inside it rapidly started to spread far and wide.
The straightforward yet successful messager features five key focuses which the school is resolved ought to be overseen by the guardians, as pursues:
- We would like to remind you that magic words such as hello, please, you’re welcome, I’m sorry, and thank you, all begin to be learned at home
- It’s also at home that children learn to be honest, to be on time, diligent, show friends their sympathy, as well as show utmost respect for their elders and all teachers.
- Home is where they learn to be clean, not talk with their mouths full, and how/where to properly dispose of garbage.
- Home is also where they learn to be organized, to take good care of their belongings, and that it’s not ok to touch others.
- Here at school, on the other hand, we teach language, math, history, geography, physics, sciences, and physical education. We only reinforce the education that children receive at home from their parents.The online response has been immediate.
So do you think that schools in the US should be posting this? Let’s see with a Share if you agree that parents need to take responsibility for their children’s behaviour!